Application Launch: May 5
Training Pods Start: May 20
Application Deadline: August 15
- Strengthen your personal network through project work.
- Skill development by means of planning and organizing.
- Influence by way of accomplishment.
- Promote the settling of differences by democratic process; organize for the People’s consent to policy through the election of a majority to legislatures for it; specifically the platform supported by the largest coalition of non-regressive voters.
- Integrate the Organizing of the People’s Community, Law-Making, and Representative Power.
- Support other campaigns as you want your primary concerns supported.
- Address key gaps (e.g. neighborhood team development, business engagement, grassroots fundraising, mentorship).
- Sustainable Organizing - Orgs that support the platform the people have given consent to, should thrive.
- Disintegrate political fundamentalism; the reactionary politics that leads to fascism.
- Weekly 5hrs of organizing minimum.
- Active role in a campaign and another role in For Progress to provide support for other fellows.
- Letter of Recommendation by an active Fellow.
- Story of Self for your profile page on our web site.
- Open Letter to the People personal support statement on personal FB page focused on personal experience.
- Engage Twitter influencers on a position you care about in the Platform For Progress.
Fellow In Training Phase
- Engage and Build Your personal Support Network - Start with a list of friends, family, and acquaintances. Then list out civic, business/professional, and faith groups they are connected to. Finally, add other groups and leaders from each of those categories you'd like to connect with.
- Commitment to pre-conference workshops, related study, grassroots fund raising of $100 for the training.
- Conference - Friday evening through Saturday (advanced Sunday optional).
After being accepted into the program, the Fellow In Training phase of the program begins. A series of group workshops sessions will provide training and tasks to help you develop/improve your organizing skills. This leads into a yearly conference that Fellows in Training help organize. The yearly conference of active fellows is where campaigns for the following year are decided by those who pledge to contribute weekly work. In addition, Fellows in Training have opportunities to practice what they learn in our active campaigns and For Progress projects that offer general support to fellows and campaigns.
- Develop yearly personal development plan
- One role in an issue campaign.
- Another role in support of all fellows.
Each active Fellow is expected to serve in a campaign to advance a part of the 2020 platform and to also hold a role in a project within For Progress that supports campaigns and fellows as a whole. Goal setting and path planning are essential to continuous building of skills, network, and exposure needed to better serve the progressive movement and the people. The more we help one another grow and gain influence in fellowship, the greater our collective capacity to serve is.